Happy Friday! I think we should celebrate, because, you know, we finally made it to the weekend. And this drink is the best way to get our weekend started. This sake mojito is light, crisp, and so refreshing. It is the perfect summer cocktail and I can’t wait for you to try it.
Plus, it goes great with my Kung Pao chicken. So whip that up for dinner tonight, mix yourself a sake mojito, and get your weekend started right!
Honestly, I’m not sure why I’m so excited for the weekend. Lane is on paternity leave for 8 weeks (I know. I’m spoiled.) so pretty much every day is Saturday for us. But don’t get too jealous. If you don’t have kids just trust me that when you do, Saturday really isn’t that different from every other day.
Enter in this sake mojito. Whether you have special plans this weekend or you’re just doing more laundry, wiping up more spills, and getting more cuddles from your favorite littles, it can make your Saturday feel just a little bit more magical.
- 4 mint leaves
- 1 – 2 T simple syrup
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 5 oz cold sake
- 1 oz cucumber soda or club soda
- mint leaves, cucumber slices, lime wedge optional, garnish
- In a cocktail mixer, muddle the mint leaves. Add the simple syrup, lime juice, and sake. Shake until combined.
- Add ice to a coktail glass and pour sake mixture over. Top with cucumber/club soda, garnish and enjoy!
- NOTE: To make simple syrup heat equal parts water and sugar until sugar is completely dissolved. Allow to cool completely. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Cheers to the weekend, summertime, and sweet snugs from my precious babies!
If you make this Sake Mojito…
Please share your results – leave a comment below and post a photo on Instagram with #braisedinakitch for a chance to be featured in my Instagram stories!