We made it to Friday and I think that means we all deserve some cookies. Some thick, chewy, warm, chocolatey, peanut butter cookies. The best part of these vegan chocolate dipped peanut butter pretzel cookies is they can be made with ingredients that you probably already have in your fridge/pantry!
Just about everyone has a recipe for these flourless peanut butter cookies. Some add in flour (there’s no need), or vanilla, or adjust the measurements of the ingredients. But honestly this recipe can’t get any easier and you probably don’t even need to write it down. For every one cup of peanut butter you add one banana and one cup of white sugar. Done. These vegan chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies really are that simple.
Whenever I make these I always double up because everyone in the house comes running to the kitchen as soon as they smell them. And with only three ingredients you can pretty much make just the vegan peanut butter cookies any time, even if you haven’t been to the grocery store in weeks. Even if you decide to go all the way and make the vegan chocolate dipped peanut butter pretzel cookies, the recipe still uses things you *probably* have on hand all the time.
A couple of notes for these chocolate dipped peanut butter pretzel cookies:
- You can definitely make these gluten free by subbing in gluten free pretzels which I find are crunchier anyway!
- You can leave out the coconut oil in the melted chocolate, but it does help the chocolate harden at room temp.
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies
- 2 c peanut butter
- 2 bananas mashed
- 2 c white sugar
- 1 c crushed pretzels
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- 2 T coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the peanut butter, bananas, sugar, and crushed pretzels. Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, measure out cookie dough.
- Bake cookies for 15 to 20 minutes, or until done. Remove and allow them to cool for at least 15 minutes so they don't crumble apart when dipping them.
- While cookies are cooling, melt together chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in between and cooking until completely melted and smooth. Once chocolate is melted, lay out a fresh sheet of parchment paper or wax paper and dip half of each cooking into the chocolate. Set out on the parchment/wax paper to allow chocolate to cool and harden. Enjoy!
- Store leftover cookies in a container in the fridge.
- NOTE: To make these cookies gluten free just use gluten free pretzels.
TGICF – thank goodness it’s cookie Friday!
If you make these vegan chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies…
Please share your results – leave a comment below and post a photo on Instagram with #braisedinakitch for a chance to be featured in my Instagram stories!