I don’t know about you, but I kinda feel like Christmas is sneaking up on me. Right? Although, given that it is my favorite-ist holiday I will forgive it. Just this once. Just kidding, Christmas you are always forgiven in my book. This week is going to be a little busy and not just because Christmas is coming, Thanksgiving is here, and I have to work Thursday and Friday (bummer, right?).
- Finish cooking food for the Thanksgiving celebration on Tuesday: Y’all I just about killed myself yesterday making all sorts of delicious foods. But its not really a holiday unless you wear yourself out cooking, right? I have to finish baking three (3!!) chocolate pecan pies, homemade macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, rolls, and salad. Oh and the turkey. But…I mean…other than that Thanksgiving is done. Who’s coming to help with the dishes?
- Put away the Thanksgiving decorations: Goodbye fall, hello…
- Christmas! Gotta put up the new Christmas decorations: Still very undecided about whether or not I’m going to get a real tree or a fake tree. A certain someone who will have to carry said tree up my three flights of stairs is strongly pushing for a fake tree so he only has to carry it once. I’m inclined to agree with him…Thoughts?
- Begin wrapping presents: I love it. I love giving gifts and wrapping them.
- Start working on the Christmas cards: Really should have been done about a month ago but this is life, things get put off.
- Finish up the Advent devotional: Kinda a priority as Advent starts on 11/29!
- Typical cleaning/laundry/cooking: Ya know, all the stuff that keeps a household running.
What’s on your to-do list? Do you have a real tree each year or a fake tree and if so, which do you prefer?